Sunday, September 26, 2010

Italian Food at its Finest

We all know that as we grow up, we begin learning how to cook different things to eat; beginning with cereal, Pb&j  and mac & cheese, and possibly advancing to vegetables, chicken and pasta (you'd be surprised at how many people can't cook pasta). Usually, that is where people give up when it comes to cooking. However, little did I know that a 6 week trip to Italy could change someone's life so drastically. That life was mine. Over the summer, my brother, Ryan, traveled to Italy to study with his Italian class, and then finished his travels with his friends to discover what the country held in store for them. Anxiously waiting at home for six weeks for my brother to come home, I wondered what he was going to bring home. However, I had no idea that it would be the skills of a gourmet chef!! Soon after his return, I moved away to school and before I knew it he was cooking gourmet meals left and right. Family and friends would constantly update me on new meals that he and his friends were cooking up and I soon realized I needed to come home A.S.A.P. to have a taste! This past week I did just that and couldn't have been more satisfied!! I cannot even describe what was exactly in it, but it was some delicious, Italian mix of chicken, which was cut open and stuffed with some amazing homemade stuffing, and mixed vegetables in a delicious sauce. I have tried a few of his dishes now and am looking forward to more every time I return home! One day, I'm hoping that he'll share with me his recipes so that I can amaze someone else's taste buds!

1 comment:

  1. Mostly everyone I know has always really liked pasta. I’ve never really enjoyed it to the extent of most. It’s just been something that I have usually found rather plain and boring. I would rather eat other food than pasta. Maybe I have not had a dish that is of great quality to make appreciate pasta but all of my previous encounters with it have netted an overall mediocre impression. I would consider myself lucky to have someone be able to cook such meals as your brother. I enjoy my mom’s cooking but I am sure it does not rank up there with the best. Maybe an actual Italian chef would make me enjoy pasta.

    ReplyDelete