Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh, the holidays...

So, all month I have been anxious for the holidays to come around. My favorite thing about the fall and winter holidays is PUMPKIN! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin frappuccino, pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin seeds... virtually ANYTHING that had pumpkin flavoring in it. I am not sure what it is about pumpkin that I'm in love with, but it just tastes so delicious! I came into Noah's bagels this morning and realized they just brought back their seasonal pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese! (I was just there last week and they didn't have it yet). Seeing that made me realize how close all of the holidays truly are. My three favorite holidays are the 4th of July, Christmas and Thanksgiving, mainly because of the spirit that comes along with them. I am most excited for Thanksgiving because each year I make something with pumpkin in it. I'll usually make pumpkin bread, but I'll occasionally cook up some warm pumpkin soup. The flavor is so rich and sweet, yet can be mixed with so many different flavors to make it that much tastier! As a matter of fact, I am typing this in Starbucks and just ordered a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, DELICIOUS! :) I highly recommend it... Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment