Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Family Tradition

Ever since I was a very young child, I always took a large interest in cooking and baking with my family for the holidays. My grandma and dad would always show me what they were cooking and how to make it since I was always so interested. They taught me how to make many different meals, but the one recipe that stuck around was meatballs. For some strange reason, it is a tradition for my dad and I to occasionally make meatballs. I passed it on to my best friend, who is basically family, and sometimes we'll get together and make a batch. Since I moved out to go to school, and everyone else is busy carrying on with their lives, it is rare that we get to come together and cook, but when we do it's always a good time. My Italian family always appreciates time spent together so it's always comforting to get to come home to that warm atmosphere. It's funny, because when we go to Italian restaurants we order meatballs to see how they compare to our homemade meatballs.. and on a rare occasion will one even remotely compare with our recipe. It's a fun and ongoing tradition throughout our family and I will probably end up teaching my kids how to make authentic meatballs too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment